This Indian breakfast recipe is for weight loss and also acts as an anti-diabetic food – Bharwa Methi Paratha. Bharwa methi paratha is popularly known as paratha stuffed with chopped Fenugreek leaves. Interestingly this Indian breakfast can be made as a zero oil dish or using cow ghee too. An easy recipe which doest not require much effort and time.
BHARWA METHI PARATHA
Serving: 2 Persons
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time Required: 35 mins
- Wheat Flour (You may add Soya flour, Black Chana flour, Jowar flour to make it even more healthier) – 25 grams
- One pinch Salt
- Methi leaves 10 grams (finely chopped)
- Dry flour (to help you roll the dough)
- Chopped Coriander leaves (½ teaspoon)
- One pinch Red Chili powder
Step 1 – Preparing the Dough
- Mix all the above ingredients with Flour
- Prepare the dough by adding water in small quantity
- Once the dough is prepared, keep it idle for next 30 minutes by covering it.
Step 2 – Rolling the Dough
- Break the dough in small quantity, similar to the size of large lemon
- Roll it in round shape or shape of your choice (Use dry flour here, so that dough doesn’t stick)
Step 3 – Roast It
- Place the paratha on your heated pan
- Once it is lightly cooked, flip it and let the other side cook complete
- Make sure both the sides is cooked completely before taking out of the pan
- Serve it hot with curd/yogurt or pickle
Note: If you prefer no ghee option then instead of half roast, you can roast it until it’s fully cooked.